Monday, November 8, 2010

Not a Happy Day

Words: 2004
Time: 9:45 - 12:15pm
Mood: Down
Impression: Not sure if I like it


So I didn't write this weekend because I didn't know what I would write. I don't know how other novelist write, but I spend either the night before or the morning of thinking about exactly what I'm going to write that day. And once I have a jumping off point and all of the major events, I think some about the details of what the characters will say.


I couldn't get myself to sit down and do that this weekend. Plus I had errands like laundry that I had to do. On Saturday I went to a Halloween party and learned just how much this celibacy is affecting me. I got some alcohol in me and couldn't stop talking about it. It makes sense since I can't stop thinking about it normally. But I also noticed that dressed in as little clothing for the Halloween party as I could without be inappropriate. I tell you that this is really affecting my mind.


Today the writing was all back story about the 3 characters that will end up being the main focuses of the book. Like any great hero story, all the major players start off playing for one team. Something happens and then they are on polar opposite sides. Today I was writing about the time when they were together.


I'm not sure if I like what I wrote today. It feels a little hokey. The psychological back story that I created for each of them is solid, but I don't know if it was executed well. Maybe what it is is that I think that 2 of the 3 main characters are idiots... and not in the fun way. The arc of the story is them maturing so I am letting it go.


Anyway, it's now 12:45 and I'm done for the day. I'm not sure what to do with my time. I'm too worn to play racquetball, and I don't really have anything that I have to do. This is a bad combination for me.


And btw, the article that I mentioned the last time appeared in TheDailyBeast on Saturday. Here is the link.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment